The postgraduate programmes are designed to is also designed to extend frontiers of knowledge and making meaningful contributions to knowledge. These programmes are targeted at providing the much needed research and leadership personnel for academics, institutions, government and the industry. The selection of candidates into the programme shall be subject to vacancy.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science is designed to equip prospective students with the essential computing skills desirable for the effective performance of personnel in the universities, industries and government establishments. It will allow for the development of computer software and hardware systems particularly relevant to the nations needs. This program, which was started in 1987, is intended to contribute our quota to the society at large by way of giving necessary computer education designed to enhance productivity of individuals and companies.
The Postgraduate Diploma Programme will be run on Part-Time basis for duration of a minimum of four semesters. The work will involve lectures, tutorial and practical, which will be given on weekends during the semester. The project work will be addressed during the long vacations.
- Applicants must have a first degree of The Federal University of Technology, Akure or any other recognized University in a Science, Engineering, Social Science or Technology based discipline.
- Holder of the HND from recognized Polytechnics and other Institutions with at least Upper Credit may be considered.
To be eligible for the award of PGDCS, a candidate must have
- Passed all core courses
- Passes at least 3 units of electives
- Successfully completed the project work
- Fulfilled all other conditions as specified by the Post-Graduate Board of The Federal University of Technology, Akure.